Arkansas Laws and Rules related to School Health
- Act 395 of 1977, Emergency First Aid Personnel (ACA 6-17-102)
- Act 436 of 1983, Insect Sting Emergency Treatment Act (ACA 20-13-401 through ACA 20-13-407)
- Rules and Regulations Pertaining To General Sanitation (ADH, November 2000).
- Rules and Regulations Pertaining to the Management of Medical Waste from Generators and Health Care Related Facilities (ADH, July 2000)
- Approved Medical Waste Transporters in Arkansas (ADH)
- Commissioner's Memo for Medical Waste in Arkansas Schools (ADE, LS-12-004, July 11, 2011)
- Act 999 of 2003. An Act to revise the religious exemption to school immunization requirements.
- Act 1039 of 2003. An act to amend the Child Maltreatment Act.
- Act 1220 of 2003. Child Health Advisory Committee
- A.C.A. 6-18-706. School Nurse-to-student ratio 1:750
- Act 1438 of 2005. Mandates eye and vision screening procedures for children.
- Act 1694 of 2005. The Asthma and Auto-Injectable Epinephrine Act.
- Act 8 of 2006. The Clean Indoor Air Act.
- Act 13 of 2006.The Arkansas Protection from Secondhand Smoke for Children Act.
- Act 138 of 2007. An act to continue the Arkansas Commission on Eye and Vision Care of school age children and create the school-age children eye and vision care fund
- Act 201 of 2007, An act to repeal the requirement that school districts must provide to parents an annual body mass index report on each student.
- Act 317 of 2007. An act providing increased academic instruction time in public schools and limits physical activity requirements for public school students.
- Act 462 of 2007. An act to raise the age of enrollment for entering kindergarten students.
- Act 1598 of 2007. The Arkansas Automatic External Defibrillator Act of 2007.
- Scoliosis Rules and Regulations November 2007 Arkansas Department of Health
- Act 496 of 2009. "The Anthony Hobbs III Act" to Create School-Based Automatic External Defibrillators and CardioPulmonary Resuscitation Programs.
- Rules and Regulations for Immunization Requirements August 5, 2009, Arkansas Department of Health
- IMMUNIZATIONS Ark. Code Annotated 6-18-701
- Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Kindergarten through 12th Grade Immunizations 2004 Arkansas Department of Education
- Rules and Regulations for Kindergarten Physical Screenings
Act 1204 of 2011. A.C.A. 17-87-103.
A.C.A. 6-18-707 incorporates Act 757 and 1437 into the code with the Prescription Asthma Inhaler and Epinephrine auto injector.
- Act 935 of 2015 Public School Health Services Advisory Committee
- Act 936 of 2015 To ensure that school nurses have access to appropriate facilities and equipment that enable them to do their job.
- Act 833 of 2015 To protect the health and safety of public school students with diabetes by authorizing certain public school personnel to be trained in the administration of insulin and glucagon.
RULES have not been approved as yet. They will appear here when approval occurs.